Friday, July 18, 2014

Dawn of Appreciation: An Ape's Planetary Story

Dear Andy and Matt,

     I was right there! With every motion sensory detected epidermis move graphed in digital upon the screen of Caesar, the captured ever so well protagonist leader of the Apes.  Now my poetic style of appreciation must touch on the story, for every ounce of orangutan to guerilla caught emotionally up in the beautifully weaving plot I found myself desiring to look at them deeper, longingly. Not as if to see if I could spot the cinematic effects at all, no, it was because they were real to me, I wanted to see every memory ache shrapnel of a long fought past caught up in their brow, I desired to be there, beside them... So that I might be more in touch with the world they were isolationist, yet not pacifist, fighting to chronicle as their own, outside of history, captivated by every day, nay, every second of existence.

     Not that the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes didn't take me there enough, no, it was that it took me there so much that I wanted more! The effects are truly inspiring and brilliantly captioned with new technology, performed on and by Andy Serkis, who held me breathless at so many plot moving points throughout the movie, of which there are many, but none I will spoil here!

       I will go see this again in theatre and I truly can't wait for more! For I crave the social emotion upheaval commentary that held so true to something beyond words in this film.

In earnest anticipation of,

0 comments :