Friday, February 13, 2015

Take Me to Church II Take One

My God speaks in double think
About how heaven speaks
Giggling at my funeral
How we're all born...
Sick

The joke is...
A commandment
To be at peace
And live well...
Enough to justify
All the wrong in life
In the face of conviction's heart pounding knife
We're silently taming invalid arguments
Justifications of our prejudice(s)
On this hallowed earth
Of mere men...

My lover's wounded
Too often disapproved of
Silent under heaven's thunder
Mouth of never scene peace
Worship's double think
A church's poison
Give until...

The promise is...
You'll get sent to...

Take me to church
I'll worship in silence
Mocking my faith in jest
As a mute life apprentice
Detested by the echoes of Christ
Sharpening a the karma death knife
Watching Africa regenerated die
Whatever demanded sacrifice
Love's lost in this discourse
So stop being faithful
Worshipping light
In church
It is...

The promise is
An innocent ritual
A soiled madness
Tolerated by ignorance
Bliss's amicable souvenir
Until hope's final amen
Amen...

Meet every week
Born amicably sick
Everyone religious one
Will only in death be well
Beyond the God-dog's reach
Karma's reincarnation 
or 
Atheistic silence
Atonement isn't absolute
Love was once acceptance
A tarnished souvenir
Of a fallen heaven
Amen

The only heaven I'll be prone to...

My God's a woman
She's pure of speech
No double lying speak
She never quotes Christ
Nor speaks worship's poisons
Treacherous double prejudice think
Giggling back in concious disapproval
Beyond heaven's gate...
Filled with mirrors

A jail of self
We're all in silence
Sent to... Amen
Amen...
Amen!

The only heaven I'll be prone to...

0 comments :