Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Dear Berlin I No April Fools

Dearest City,

     Liberal acceptance left ventricle heart inspired reluctant forecast of a hope murmur sent down my memory ache melancholy spine as I seek humble gratitude pie via prose for the place that everyone should live, but no one should visit, Berlin! Pardon my poetically endowed word spurning from the depths of this tiny artism diagnosed writer's reverse block poet, whom recently visited, the abode I desire to call 'home!'

      Please don't take this 'all the hope in my heart' admiration post about desiring to live in such a magnificent awe inspiring city as Berlin, Germany! This is no April 1st Fool's Parade Joke, I may be an awkward moustached Canadian poet, but I shan't ever kid about the city I desire, more than most things that can be purchased with monetary monies, to entitle 'home.' Hanging the tattooed heart off my sleeve up at the front door coat hanger that hides my emo noose amongst the various quasi trendy, yet not so hipster, jackets it holds. It is more than just a place on the map, for it captivates my essence in what it captures in daily life, the will to create a better future. One educated, aware if you will, of it's past and thriving on the opposite on behalf of generations not yet given names.


      So you see, whilst I was in Berlin, the eyes viewing my experience had a very different experience from the average tourist seeking historical sights, amazing food (W.T.F.F,check it!) and souvenirs for the sake of their own memory bank, to be preserved via picture, video capture and recollection of thoughts. My inner broken image eye sought to take in the city for the sake of what it could give others, via the words I might right.

      I saw middle aged couples kissing in an underground station, saw a guitarist walk onto the subway car and begin rambling off some social poetic commentary. But I also saw the burlesque eyes of sadness formulate despair at the brim upon destitute faces. I wrote a poem, or three and a blog post, about a young homeless lad whose instrument of hope was broken asunder by hooligans, doppelgänger of carpe diem. His guitar was broken by deviant morally defunct teenage passer-bies, I witnessed the aftermath as it happened and was moved to tears and a sick stomach, for I not knowing German and being nearly perfectly broke, could offer very little to the young man. Still I feel the swell of rage at the sorrow of his loss, though it is not my own.


      When I looked up at marvellous sights, like the Golden Angelic Queen or the convoluted, once thought evil, cold war spire, I took the experience in as exposure; embracing the past of the place for the truth that it told and could tell others via my 'whatever you call my "style" of poetry,' for it for the citizenry of this apathetic, yet beautifully unequal world that I write, to inspire; hope, equality, acceptance...
  


    Maybe you're skin folds like mine, before the power held in the mirror and the wolf confidence apparatus sheds, leaving you black cursed wool sheep fodder for the shepherdless peer no support debt admiration flocks of conscious sedation comfort consciousness lock apathy moral affliction trench down the rabbit's tumour white diseased reign of emotion terror barely survivable, yet inescapable, mirror glimpse of a holocaust anorexic skeletal gaunt skeletal husk cage victim of flame infused sand broadcast telling the tumour white inner eye blind witness all acceptance is husk bound via the vacant translucent strangely worthless dim light of jaded opinion: guided inner voice statement 'there is no equality, my puppeteer complex guarantees this ongoing structure of the Empress of Greed, Avarice whose debt enthrals our li(v)es.


    I am very serial, I mean serious, about what inspires the art that comes out of me. This is why the news is the first thing in my brain upon my hollow desperate in rising blood ground  faith to shreds of pressure foaming at the swollen barrel of my verbal harbinger of hope mouth, acceptance wholly and humbly defeated speech giving memory scar branding via a forked skeletal cocoon empty tongue, vouching for an endless high not yet colonized high up in the karma endowed reincarnation sky; so eagerly against the swelling tides of Sandcastle Earth's History on Repetitive gestures of genocide type-A intolerances!


      This is how I expel harm and dispense hope, from the never ending poetic written spoken word story that hives itself from the surrounding social walls of this hive, where the only one mind we should willingly walk blind within is that of total unadulterated acceptance, there is divine self riddle solving therapy found on the journey to this green over black screen edited text mechanism of this hallowed sandcastle earth, which Berlin drives... Even just in for and within the child like unnamed ghost in the mirror I entitled "I."

In earnest anticipation of,

All photos powered by Google.

0 comments :