Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Once was David

Parental Advisory, this poem may move you. It is one I've been working on for a number of years, and here is the first ever sighting of any formate of its revision by anyone. It is not the final cut, but it is, what it is.


Once was David


Once was David
His unborn life
Is now my anger
On the tip of this pen

You never knew the light
Yet I'm still burdened
By your breathing
By your life!

Free me
The rest of my life
Is enough (stress)
But that I repress
The feelings of loss
At the actions of your death!

How can I live
When I know you'll never be
Your unborn breath on my neck
Tortures all of my inner me
You'll never see as I confess
My hate, but not for you! Me!
Please I beg set me free

My will is broken
As I close my eyes
And see yours
Staring deep into me
As in my mind
You create the depths of me

Can I see your face
When I close my eyes again
To sing amazing grace
Or at the end of all things?

David I've got another now
But she doesn't take your place
Thirteen years its been now
She's 4 years of age
And I've tried to be bold

But here I sit again
She's asleep on my knees
I'm still writting you letters
And I'm coming daily more undone
Release me I plead
From what I've been

I'm down to my last
And my beliefs won't hold
The God of Jacob never foretold
All the pain in me
After the actions of your end
I'm dying inside David
It goes rough for me

I need to be, what I said I would be
For her now David, as I should have been
But never quite came out to be
I want to be, what I could have been
Should I have been, thirteen years
Of life unborn to live, I now give
My all to be!

0 comments :