Friday, December 19, 2008

Lying Tribute

Today is come to pass and gone
And I spend my days now advocating rights
For those you mock and by your beliefs condemned to hell
I will never sacrifice again for the evil you've become
Father you betrayed me but you'll never remember
You hid memories far away so you wouldn't have to look back
And now I watch as you brush me aside
Because of my sexuality I could no longer deny

I've never again desired to care
For anything you have to say
You fucked our relationship over that fateful day
You didn't realize the damage you'd do
When you showed your bigotry and called me gay
Now feel the rebuttal as forever forgiven to forget
You'll be as I walk away

Cut the ties and confess the ties that bind us are over
The years spent together in my heart are dust
No longer will I conform to your religious dreams
I've seen this world change, and regress into anti aid
Charity on display to show your friends ones ethical pride
And so my heart by means of words defies your rage

Just like my first memories of your the same
Mocked me at 13 for my weight until I died inside
Then replaced my clear thoughts of despairing pains
With deluded congestion from your nauseated sounds
Their blind words repeated from the pulpit from your mouth
But in the end you'll find no safety when your words come unbound

Now you look at the corpse in a casket
Your hands paid for the rusted staples that hold my eyes shut
Now visit me alone in an auditorium put on display
Sit in front of the box you crafted that bears your blood's name
Even in death you control my fame and the choices I could make
Creating a guest list to solidify segregation for my friends
You weren't prepared but did well to hide my beliefs
As the doors shut to hide you and a father's shame

A ceremony altered from the dream it was supposed to be
A vision in a memory of a father's perfect image
That never came to be and a son's dream of global equality
No matter what race, age, or gender there would be aid
But the father broke it with separation in a well crafted plan
That spread like the plague infecting the works of my pen
Lies spoken to alter the truths and the way I should have remembered

Now you know where you'll find me
6 feet under in a box crafted to hide labeled sin
Behind which lies the father's images of crime
Just like the faults of current society
Its not the lack of funds but selfishness
And separation imbued by hearts of charcoal
Allowing children to walk bear feet on concrete
All dedicated to greediness for society's dark souls

During my ceremony for a death of ill brought up offspring
You stood to give my the conformity eulogy
Altered as soon as it touched your hands
All my friends words hidden so you could be perfect again
You had to hide your shame replacing your pains
With lies embedded in images no one would ever know
Peer down at the casket to hide the tragedy of my dead wishes
Behind your eyes flickers the anger of justifications
At the helplessness you feel inside
As the dreams of my life you now with hold
No one shall ever see the true me
Only images and lies you allow to be displayed

If I could replace all your shame I wouldn't
You didn't deal with me just hid me under a rug
I am the evil in your closet and the darkness of your past
If only you could change maybe we could have overcome
But all that you've thrown away is me like the trash
As comfort is so much easier than embracing change
But for me now in the grave I face the evils of death on my own

Everyone's eyes stuck open staring down at me
Just like those looking through rusted eyes almost shut
Soon they'll believe the images of hell you set upon me
Cleaned my flesh with charcoal in the end
From all the days you spent in a self created cage
No matter what you say now over me
You'll always be ignorant, blind, and unchanging in evil conformity
To a belief you've never even dared to question or see in me

0 comments :