Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Alone

Here I am alone again
Another birthday passes for the damned
Evil implied for a divorced man
No one pretends I'm not condemned

Here I am alone again
Another birthday soloing raids goes by
A single man deceived into marriage condemned am I
Sadly they accept her because I'm a fucking 'man'
No matter the story unacceptance is their plan
Judgements upon my nerve racking existence

For her story I was brought down
Now I live for the moment
The intensity and the thrill
On the only I will ever know

A promise that I'll be accepted
When I tell everyone my story's side
A tale I won't concede to spill
The difference between love and acceptance
Now at 28 years old I can tell

An apocalypse upon myself
Choices I made created the strife
Unacceptance in a bitter look is my friend
My forehead bears the ill mark of lightning
In the eyes of those who hear my past

Why have any dealings with such men
Wide is the gap of unacceptance that spills from their mouth
Bias based prejudice formulated fast and furiously
Merely to place a moniker for gossip upon the already ripped apart

Chivalry is dead because so is respect
A woman gives sex but has no concept of being a friend
Family's continued relationship with her enables the sickness
Now I reside with darkness she is my only f(r)iend

I dream of a future
Where someone will truly accept a presence like mine
From the delusion of such a future my courageous insanity follows
I dwell in the twilight from the church's gossip not judgement do I hide
My story is for myself to hide but acceptance is yours to show

0 comments :