Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Playing God's Cards (The Path)

I see you sinking slowly down
Almost gliding into oncoming calamity
And still you tell me how to live my life
Playing God's cards as if you know every path

Once I sought to teach something
But as I looked around I learned
That all men walk their own paths
Their are those that walk steady
And those that walk astray

All dreams claimed for material comfort
No butterflies exploding out from cocoons by the river
Forever you'd gladly remain in unforgivable secret ways
After all change is unacceptable even for an old dog like you

Its not that who you are is a sin or doesn't ring true
Its the casting of stones upon your neighbor's paths
But playing the judging game is claiming your God
All love wants is acceptance with some wisdom along the way
Not judgments passed described from the outside

Walk just one day in my path
With the harm and lies done unto me
And maybe you'll drop your stones and walk away
Until this day comes I'll wait on the tormenting words from all of you

Ps dear family I wish you'd actually showed me once you cared
Against your judgments I never turned a middle finger
But how I desired the hidden truth to be displayed
I can see it now, a crashing river cascading forth
Out from it all paths forged desperate and anew

Once I sought to discernment of small things
But as I looked around the holy lights went out
Blinded by those casting crowns just to look away
Looking back only to silently confirm assumptions we have
About other men and the paths they have to walk

All men walk their own path
Their are those that walk unholy ground and yet are steady
And those that believe blindly
Falling into comfort and are lead astray
Just let me walk mine
Don't play God over me

0 comments :