Saturday, April 11, 2009

What Rage in Regret

I'm sorry but I'm no longer afraid
So here it goes I'll say it to one and all
No regret can ever force their way in
So I'll raise the mic shout it loud and walk away

Not afraid of what you'll say
Let me walk my own path
To find my own price I'll pay

I only need the love of one
I know now that's all I'll ever get
The rest spoke their judgments and looked away
Now like a sidewalk beggar they pass me by

Some day they'll look back at me
Wondering if the damage they embraced
To fulfill a submission clause was worth it all
The possibility remembered how it tore me
Then all of us apart

Not afraid of what you'll say
Let me walk my own path
You never said you'd love me
No matter the price of the path I might pay
Orchestrate my submission in deceiving ways
I'm only half a point above clever
But I recognize your lack of love to be neglect
From you I've never known the tastes of love
Only the fruit of possibilities of oncoming regrets

0 comments :