Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sweet Plea


Brave soul
Mischief drown
Treatment weakens
Ghostly white and frail
Monument to living
Accruing debt
Not by choice
Life just isn't
Its not free

I'm sorry
Such cruelty
How can it be
This cancer prison
That such a young life
Grant liberty to machines
Science cannot describe
The democracy of joy
Never relinquished
Until in the ward
I find the light
Oh, my soul

Mother please
Don't stain your eyes
Tears are for injustice
Not for my passing
Help the children
Sold into slavery
Their are me

Skinny soul
Dancing in dreams
Body cancer takeover
Nearly wrecked and frail
Living a debt unknown
Scoiety set up...
A crime

This can't be...
Someone's profiting
From the attempt
To save my life
How sad...
Oh, my

2 comments :

Dana Rockwell said...

Hi,

I came across your poetry on Reddit. I love it. I too write poetry. I like your sytle...raw...discusses real feelings. Includes the soul, etc.

Dana

The Villain said...

Thanks,

I rarely edit my poetry, because it feels more from the heart of an experience or expression when it is done this way.

Honestly I just want to create something people can identify with, sad or otherwise, to be inspired to hope and perseverance.

<3 Never stop writing! I live to write and write to die, empty.

J