Thursday, November 21, 2013

Quirk

     While cycling last night at 10:39, with fully lights and reflectors, I was rudely cut of by a bus at a pedestrian crossing. This is not the first time I have had my safety held captive by the bus drivers who represent the City of Glasgow to the world as it happens nearly every day. 

     I can't believe the brazen disregard for life that some of them have as they pass through red lights at pedestrian crossings or cut me off for to arrive at their next stop just a few seconds early than otherwise if they had not.

     Getting to a stop at a specific time is NOT, I cannot stress this enough so I repeat, NOT more important than the safety and subsequent lives of people.

     If Glasgow Wants to be a World Class City it needs to conform its transit systems to be safe and make sense to people. No passenger on a bus wants to witness a cyclist being cut off or put in harms way on behalf of a few seconds delay; whether they are visiting the city or it is their home.

No thank you.
J

0 comments :