Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What Patreon Could...

I savour this...

     The hope that one day the new metaphoric speak adages of double social commentary think poetry herein from compassion's empathetic imagination cogs ever turning metal thought wheel engine might be: Inspiring of conviction in the derelict moral trenches of our societies! Where more men need to stand, against inhumanity, depravity theft of another's dignity, looking down in illegitimate ancient caste unholy systems still defying equality today.

     That some might be swayed from the depths of experience's memory ache to mend, from the very blackest wells of their unforgivable swollen with a myriad of bruises recollection of a deviantly despicable acquaintance with exposure to a most painful image of the past, Not so long ago lived. The most sacred of amnesia prayers is strangely inaudible softly dim spoken over in every ounce of our ghost's strength to forget.

       That I might be able to travel and share, for the physical is oft more powerful than the digital, for a fantastic expanse of poetry have I written and shared via the web and yet, for all my endeavours... All that happens at the end of every day, is that I awaken in the realization that in the silence of response and appreciation from any source of existence, that I... Am daily becoming a better man.

      The chivalrous bushido heroes written of old, I am not. Only a tiny fraction of an algorithm's poetic radiant disavowed bliss am I. A fallen tangent acorn, that seems to napalm scorch any epidermis ground it touches! For however dark of verbal flight my words might seem, they are anchored in the conviction of my own actions, this is why I do not have the chance to perform much at all live, because I work, hard! To pay all the bills, treat the lady heroically in every grace filled moment right, imparting the hero I've always wanted to be upon another ghost trapped in a beautifully insecure shell.

      Some might say, it is beautifully important that poetry is written so strongly deep in wounds of the topic of misogyny and what sprouts from the darkness therein: Rape, assault, harassment, gender slander and the empowerment of an ill inheritance; stereotypes and preconceptions! That especially such a poetic war was written by a man, a feminist perhaps. I cannot say, no one pays any attention to anything I've written so there are no labels for what or who it is that I am.

     But maybe this Patreon  freelance artist crowd funding site might work, but alas there is again naught but silence, which I am content with, for I have written for years and shall continue to do so for there is much herein my works for people to find... Not truth's I have created, but sparks of themselves, for I give no description for my poetry, thusly leaving the experiences of the reader to take them however deep into the woven web of words as they might go.

     Beyond the text art for change, some might entitle 'poetry', that I write; There is a community interest company I am attempting to start as well in my rare form spare time, an online venue for spoken word, poetry, short story telling artists and their fans to gather and perform within. Something like Skype but on a TeamSpeak server, allowing hundreds of artists from around the world to log in from their computers or their smart phones, creating a community of inspiration! 

     The grounds for which will be bound my the guidelines of moral equality conviction, empowering artists to exist within and beyond their creativity for more than beauty or cathartic reasons, but for helping and inspiring others, when the time is right of course, for everyone's creative process is different and springs from a source not wholly comprehensible at the best of times.

      I would not call myself a starving artist, but I've lived off of less than 20,000.00 that's 20 Thousand or 20k or 20 Grand a year or less for most all of my adult life. Mostly because even from a young age I questioned authority's ladder, why I should climb it and who runs the proverbial 'show.' I discovered that I had no desire to play a part in the social disguise of confidence and ownership that pretends to cover the grievous wounds of our beautiful yet crooked path fading sandcastle earth.

     So what will Patreon do with 15 MILLION in funding for freelance artists? Will the majority of funds go to big projects or will some, enough to survive and create off of? How far would 15,000,000.00 go if individual artists that create every day for a whole year! I have no idea... I'm just tossing out jazz such as: Provided that artists meet some sort of criteria...? Like, being liked...?!

     Some people's art or projects will lead to self sustaining crowd funding or sponsorship of its members, hopefully mine makes it that far... Oh well, alas for time spent herein this post for whatever reason(s) may come to pass.

In earnest anticipation of,
Moar Hope

Ps. Yes, I am a massive seeping nerd!


1 comments :

Robert McCall said...

Love the post and really like the Skype idea. Nice to find some sanity and appreciation for the power of the collaborative freelance artist, writer, poet who creates. Great blog - I will read more and share your vision.

By the way. 20K is heaps. Here in Brazil families live off US3500 per annum; they are my neighbours. But we share, grow stuff, make stuff and are happy. Peace.