Monday, January 12, 2009

A Gamer's Misleadings

In a fantasy world where dragons play
I watched my hours slip into days
If I wanted I could turn forever
The inhumanity of the game away

You see me on the surface
But inside I'm wrapped in hell
My flesh is silently still
But my mind is constant seeking shelter
From all the pain you blasted me with
Why can't you just let go

I'm ransom captive my your hollow heart
A holy paladin could never save me from the grave
I pull myself away as my resto shaman cleanses me
Of the magic mage's frozen nova heart inside you
The demon your soul linked to chants as you embrace

You see me on the surface
But inside I'm tormented as one in hell
I cast obliterate to blow myself away
But my flesh falls limp as in a silent dream
My mind shatters in a moment of stun locked doubt
A holy pillar of fire in the distance set ablaze
For all the pain you blasted me with
Why can't you just let go

You thought I sought shelter in the comfort
The distance of myself in another reality
But the truth is I don't trust you enough
I showed you my dreams and you started a penny jar
Once I would have crossed the seven seas for you
But I found that it was a mental image of lies projected as truth
I want my inner moth a peaceful degenerate butterfly molt myself of you
Why can't you turn and walk, in the vastness of pain, away

Are you waiting like a unicorn to tear me apart
As a rogue to backstab me with lies and control over and over again
I am one on a distant island dreaming of a daylight that shall never be
But for now in my gamer's world is where thou shalt find me
If you want something speak, seek me
Otherwise turn forever from this pain and walk away

0 comments :