Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Hero Early Slain

This letter is to you
Hero slain I never knew
Everything I am resides hidden
Behind your soul's shadow
You left behind

Constantly questioned intent
Who am I to challenge her dreams
I am not the soul mate you were meant to be
An issue at every turn I am not your equal
But I'm not angry at the turning of tides

I'll tell you how it goes for me
A rough time living in your legacy
Beautiful is the destiny left behind
Turn your gray sails back
To the woman you left
Swap with me and swear it
Live to love until your seventy eight year
When you breath your final breath

She finds it hard to breath
When her heart is grasped by the memory
I am not what I seem when she looks at me
I have many faces but none of them are mine
Inflamed by your bitter sweet shadow
I reside in as a living mirror
Broken at reflecting your memory
I am a twisted youth illusion
To the soul mate you left behind

I wound her daily
The timing may be wrong
She should remove herself from me
The key is to leave behind what harms
So the wounds can heal and pass away
I delay her recovery

So please hero slain
I beg to trade your soul for mine
But one promise you must swear
You must actually live for her
With every waking breath

I'll be okay
Don't worry about me
Long ago I already abandoned ship
Heaven took one look at my sails and said
Sail away from our shores oh serpent
No villains dwell here ever more
I accepted my fate long ago

So lets trade souls
Here we go gray hero
I'll pay your eternal price
Swear the oath and come back to life
She deserves what I cannot possibly be
Don't turn back to see me burning
Bare feet upon burning shores

0 comments :