Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Resemblence of No Life

If I were any of you
I'd turn away into in self pity
Consumed by disgrace lapsing into hate
Dye my nails and paint my face
Deny any spoken truth no need for you to change or repent
I see the scars that tell the stories of your lifeline

If I were just you
I'd tear my face in self blame
Ashamed by mocking words in a simple rhyme
That a crucified one who was hunted down
Who took your life's final blow on Her brow
Will simply cleanse your whole past away

If you believe this you should tremble
Your reality of such a Christ isn't real
At your ending moments only an evil smile will greet you
Only if you accept the complex constallations of inner self
Could you breathe against the lies that you were in the past
Stand aflame breast to breast your charred wings decaying
Only moments to remind you that you are your only hope
Before your time reaches its everlasting end

If I had joy I would relapse
Into a past not delt with
A self unkown simmering with hate
And the depths of ignorance remembered
I'd tear my life forever apart

If you remember
Cover your eyes and sleep
There is no hope should you wake
You are unclean in consciousness
No depth perception of wisdom
Your own defiled heart on week nights
Sets the constellations of comfort conformity
Which in the end will condemn you

Purify me with endless thoughts
Remind me of a crucified life in a perilous time
I want to sink into a resemblence of that life
Let no foolish worldly hopes remain

0 comments :