Friday, June 3, 2011

Scorpion Flower

I am a dying flower
Starved by a scorpion's stinger
Venom has frozen my roots
And the breast they feed

I question will I ever be whole
Why should I continue to breath
Sunlight hidden behind vile erections
Black pillars surround as towering monoliths
I stand but only while my courage lasts
Soon my pedals shall wither
I shall be one with the ground

Just a lonely dying flower
Courage attempts the impossible
My roots grip in my last starving hour
Plucked from life as a token of love
Alas for the ailing of my handsome pedals
A faded impression of a once bright beauty
Cannot accomplish though I am to please

Question will the earth ever be whole
Why should I continue to even breath
Sunlight hidden behind my own evil shadow
A black pillars of hate and pace
There it ever stands a towering monolith
I stood until my courage failed
As winter withered my last pedal
I gave myself six feet into the ground

0 comments :