Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tallying the Vote

I vote for who he was
To come back once more
By our memories are we shareholders
In the future of comfort
By his life conformed we care for

He can't ever be enough
The past and the future person
We can't fathom them as one and the same
As they are moving we are still standing
Speechless we reside against the change we fear

Don't wake us up from sleeping
We exist hearts sold to Hollywood
So far from the things we once strived for
Acceptance has brought us debt
And forever into it shall we move nowhere

Focused I couldn't overcome
All your concentrated judgements
The shame overcame me
As the announcement read
That I should go back to who I was once more
The votes tallied die in shame
Or go back to the old images held
Of a sleeper awaiting a transmit ion

But if I wander back now
The distance shall grow farther
From the who I am that I now know
All the fastening through chastening shall be a waste
All for the static conformity to the comfort of unchange

0 comments :