Saturday, November 7, 2009

What is isn't Enough

Who now lives for a god who divorced over and over the Jews
Why did he likened his heart to an adulterer
Whose main prophets were murders or slaves to debt
What heaven is enthroned by confuses me
What good is he or she in our words we shall never see
No picture reminds us of a life we'll look back in shame and regret

Heavens not enough
Dying for a god who abuses you
Heavens just another broken city up above
In the clouds we'll watch TV instead of upon a couch

Sadly there is no higher place
And so I sigh and begin to forget
That heaven ever existed in my heart
Yet I regret when informed of the memory

On the coach I feel the pain
Of leaving this world for another behind
Who you were you existing as the day I died
Hold my hand in acceptance or judge my life

0 comments :