Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Mirror's Truth

The Mirror shows the scars left on my throat
Remind myself the past can never be undone
The worst I thought was over
But again my shit comes unbuttoned
The past in nightmares breaks out

From whence my aids came
Visions pock marked with pain
Overshadow my eyes with abuse
Again I see the blood marks upon my clothes
And so I hurt like those unknown

I have no longer sympathy
For the comforts we all abused
We just didn't care
We just don't care
When did we ever care

So winter came once again
The snow never fell that season
Nothing covered my still unmarked grave
Devastated you crawled back into life
Your desperate version of historical truths

I once left imprints in the white
Walking home in winter's past silent night
When shit came undone a victim I became
Rights neglected bloodied I stumbled on
No insurance for rape or interracial abuse
For my bloody head a hospital bed I had none

Behind my grave the earth grieves on
Away flew my sympathy
On that silent night of another amusement
In the long hours after the deadly abuse
Comforts quickly forgotten amongst please for aid
In my moment when I stumbled bleeding out

We just didn't care
We just don't care
When did we ever care

0 comments :