Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dear Whom'ere

Dear diary where have all my friends gone
I presumably begin to see they were buddies along the ride
You know for those good old fucking times
But now I lay here my system shutting down again
Dialysis kicks in another organ downed by disease

Dear old friends why have you gone leaving me in darkness alone
Have you no morality, no holdings onto right or wrong
I call you with my last phone call to knock at your door
A tongueless response with a single finger despairing my gaunt face
Leaving me speechless on your steps, I hang up on the dial tone from my end
With my last strength I drop the wire and lay that hand to my chest
Feeling lost and betrayed all yellow skinned and motionless in my bed
While you move on your healthy life in full blossom, don't stop for the wounded
In my heart I am crucified

The medication and act of dying blurs my vision of right and wrong
Only in the gardens of God will this final version of me ever be known
May I not hate in heaven as I did here in my final days wilting all alone
Another tremor rakes me, I know this ones not mental... I will soon pass on
But before I do, or after I suppose, read on!

Dear family you claim words of love but that is all
They are feelings attached to my former image of a healthy self
But now I look around my white room in disgust at the emptiness
You fed your own desires to feel comfortable about your future
And left me here to rot alone wiping your hands clean
Of the images of nurses cleaning vomit as they wash my decaying body
The dying prelude to eulogy effigy I've become

The nurses run in as I scream with rage
Injecting a serum to sedate, already vomit covers my hospital bed
Dear everyone fuck you all, I know the anger is wrong
I'll embrace it because not one of you will ever know
Not how your leaving me exempt my final days of any love
So fuck you all straight to the core,as I've grown cold
Everything you ever said melded into one a vision of lying words
You claim as love, but inside I'm alone on that hill top
Carrying my own cross

The medication and act of dying blurs my vision of right and wrong
Only in the gardens of God will this final version of me ever be known
May I not hate in heaven as I did here in my final days wilting all alone
Another tremor rakes me, I know this ones not mental... I will soon pass on
But before I do, or after I suppose, read on!

Dear God I never knew Your love but I diagnosed the truth
You were real even if other man's abandonment to pleasure pulls were stronger
Now I'm sedatedly slurring waiting for a whispering but content to be
Even if I never again stand I now speak telling them all where their love went wrong
We all make mistakes but they don't know to me theirs were fatal

Dear everyone, have you fallen from love
Do you see me as weaker, now that I'm sickly?
Do you believe that all the weaker must die?
Where has the integrity of chivalry is it gone?
The society of vanity can't exist if I wished mirrors to death
Do you cling so desperately to the looking-glass
Would their still be beauty if I blew them all away
Without makeup, fashion shops, or magazines
I am the sweat smelling decaying while living one
Do you believe I the weaker must die?

0 comments :