Sunday, August 31, 2008

Letters from the Enemy

A version of imaginary love
The camouflage for your rage
A cage of darkness build to hide
A letter you never sent
Destroying you from deep within

All came down that day
You refused to acknowledge life as the grandest fight
Never wrote or sent that spiteful letter that could've ignite
Avenues of passions or anger now we'll never go
Determined your way was the only way to show
Love no man could ever come to understand
But now your heart will never know

When all is assembled at the end
You might see love and know
How to write it to show
But right now I just don't care
Can't destroy a heart that isn't there
Break your words against my swollen ears
You sold my soul into darkness to save yourself
Comfort chosen from a list of easy paths to take
Leaving me in hardship all alone

A letter never sent, sealed against the lips of fate
Words spoken in torment sung deep into my heart
You sold the truth hidden deep within your soul
To embrace the comfort, now your heart will never know
And the innocent secrets written decaying the whole
Now the demon you are is so very clear
Angels like you don't make it to the end
Banished by your own lack of energy or will within
You...

What of your secret sins that spit evil in my eyes
Must love let them go or will you betray me again just the same
Or do they overtake me in shame I cannot bare
Stone heart from the abuse, took my smile and left me there
A path of martyrdom you've witnessed but cannot declared unfair
For you...

Just like your secrets the pain lies under my skin
Thickened by a war imbued by your simmering rage within
Broke my soul with hate from a love you've never known
Laid waste to the last chivalrous intention, never to be shown
Bringing images of demons like you betraying me left behind long ago
If you can change I don't really think I care or want to know

Your cheap words break against the waning strength of my energy
Run away to beg the gods for comfort your all the same
Desperate to breath my lungs intake the water of lies
Drowning in wicked coerced intent with violent vocals quite are my cries
Into the gestating hands of your all devouring clockwise fate
My counter measures weren't enough like the dying images of a saint

So with your friends behind spit pity into my veins
Breathe lies of hatred from your souls that you could not with hold
Behind them lay words with desperate intent to control
Fuck my energy and who I am, you want a prince but I'm no saint
I see you lost the vast pretentious war for your soul
The last evil never imagined real ripped apart, your no longer whole
The greatest enemy you never knew was yourself

Walked the paths against the book of life
Just to appease comfort you took the easy way
The enemy never needed any help
Because you abandoned shit to sell me out
My soul was punished by the world long ago
If anyone cares I don't think I want to know

I only hope they all come to see
The only enemy you have to fear is self

0 comments :