Friday, August 8, 2008

Purpose

As I lay dying
I look around to see
The spells of rich men
Wash over my friends
And what used to be me

Somewhere we lost our purpose
We had no reasons, no self control
Our reality censored for ample comfort
And for it, we were prepared to mentally die

And now rather than comfort
I've created my own legend in my will
Driven by spellbinding purpose

Knew there wasn't a lifeline to call
Not a wise word or plea could save you
You closed the door and locked out the grandmaster of visitors
All energy to keep us out, shut the curtains, or we could still see in
Deliver the message that might remind, that could find its way into your heart
Give you....

Somewhere you lost your purpose
You had no reasons, no self control
Your reality censored for ample comfort
And for it, you were prepared to mentally die

Give you a purpose
Bind it with reasons
Why you should still be here
Why you can exceed vastly beyond dreams
Please grasp for the purpose
Come out into the winter, and we will all be here
Come out with us and stand call
We'll care for you, while you search for that purpose!

2 comments :

Darci said...

Where does the inspiration for this one come from?

The Villain said...

I believe a great many of mankind have fallen asleep, given up on their dreams, who they could have been if they had put forth energy to endure the hardships needed to obtain their truest wish; they have settle for the something they cannot define, but have called it 'normality' (I just want to live a normal life). I believe that some, can be woken to reach once again with who they once were into who they will become if they could be persuaded to adjust their lives to grab hold of the path that leads to their dreams.