Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Unnecessary Evils

Watched that girl sell herself in darkest night
A shadowed alley where he wouldn't let go
Went too far now her mind can't walk away
Caught in the turmoil of a destructive undertow
No one to love her, or cover her minds eye
As during the night's relived rape she cries

Am I the disease known to all as the enemy
If so let me tear myself new amphibian lungs to breath
Let me burn my life down in a cleansing funeral pyre
I want to be free, with these broken wings could I ever fly
Maybe you'll have to shoot me between the eyes so I may see the sun
But if so I won't come back, smashed out brains determine I'm done

She can't breath, cold hands around her neck
Its not the same guy, shes blacking out, and going to die
We drove by, she's usually right there,
But the truth is she won't ever be there again,
We let her bleed, her crimson blood flowed
As during the tortures of rape she died
We are the velvet tear drops as she cried
She lied to set us free, of her so called immorality
But we couldn't love past that claim by other said
She went through hell, and died on a concrete death bed
With whispers of hatred dancing in her decaying head

We are the villains spreading a disease of false love
That suffocates the freedoms of so called immoral, lesser or foreign men
By a code we hold them by, but not our own lives
Letting them die as we ignore the common bonds
That make us all one, we are all equally the same
But thats too hard to live so embrace the ignorance
That could bring love into another's life today

And we are the disease known to 3rd world nations as the enemy
So let me tear myself new amphibian lungs to breath
The lunar dust of liquid metals, of our melted down bullets and guns
Let me burn my life down a sacrifice to ignite a cleansing funeral pyre
I want to see them free, with less broken truces that let children die
They don't have wings to fly away from your weapons
Maybe you'll have to shoot me between the eyes so I may see the sun
But if so I won't come back, smashed out brains determine I'm done
A signal of freedom for those who have none, yes I've given myself up
For freedom, respect, and equality... That is true and virtually in no one

I found you too late, only ashes of your former self remained
An eclipse left over a dying bright light distilled by a deadening memory
Invoking pain you can't let go, as your eyes for the last time close
I couldn't find a way to grasp your life in the undertow
As the next world took you I could only wonder why
What could I have done, to save this body, that held your life
Or for any others that came undone that I missed along my path
To this place to hold your broken body as it came undone

Tear myself new lungs so I can breath with an everlasting scream
I've taken the fall into the cleansing fire, just let me die
Sacrifice myself to free their lives, just let me be
Alone in the alley instead of this girl... I think she was called Valerie
Just let me scream everlastingly as my mind eclipses into death dreams
There God can reveals the answers I need to know
Maybe I'll come back, given the truth of love I must show
Break my entire life and I might still survive, Just let me be
I must spread the truth of equality and love for everyone
Even if that omits me

0 comments :