Friday, December 17, 2010

Unsober Chains, Killer of Chivalry

I am the whip that bites
Upon vile fists that smite
Wounding innocent flesh
Beaten sober in living dreams once more

No God can save you
No hero of valor to believe in
Wake in blood sober upon the floor
Praying for a chivalrous saviour

Guilty verdict rampage
Held overnight in county jail
A vengeance night not drunk
Sober rage not a drop fromthe bar

God drown me in water
In my candle lit bath tonight
I cannot force the hands of fate
Take me before his wrath is complete

Recognize me in the reflection
Looking as you flew through the window
My sober love how you refuse
Though your loins beckoned me

You won't ever scare me again
I've vanished though I am before you
A tomb is this battered shell
A corpse upon our floor
The kitchen we shared
Breakfast each day

0 comments :