Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Preview of the Heart

Behind the stars,

      Desperation in the mirror is growing,Eyes half vacant,In eternal debt to hope I can't repay... Turning to a pillar of salt not stone,Blown away in the wind,Carried naught by human arms but Death's, No female raised a lip to kiss or a finger to a poet's nearly done in apathetic plea.

     If only God had erased me in the womb,This is my truth,That I desire nothing but the one thing never known,Drowning in air as I'm falling,Breathing is for those who care to live.

     I disenchanted the world,Provocation of a poet,Conviction of compassion under the tactics of a rose,A silver lying tongue & a middle finger,Raised to a lonely December ever mourning day,There is no warning,Sign of the torrential winds or space odyssey rains!

Heart on your sleeve,I wear mine around the neck,Love is just out of reach on the highest platform,Beyond the clouds where gods might reign. The loneliness surrendered to nose tightens stealing my breath,

In earnest anticipation of,
VoT

0 comments :