Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Father's Closet Kept Wound II

Raise two obsidian finger tips
A single digit fist airship raised against injustice
In the face of a man, once called father now by name
The impressionable imprint left of centre is this
Acceptance exists as long as I'm in the closet
Black and bruised or just goth & painted
Finger tips unconform the marionette
Comes to life...

I don't care for your racism
Sexist prejudice against goth & gay
Father you falter, stumbling about blind
Using ancient decrepit words to describe
An open play book of propaganda
Accepted conformity ruined mind
If I take back my love...
Leave you behind
With a hug

I could never recall
The parade of virtue I live by
Truth is I still & will always love you
Even if you lived by 'do as I say not as I do'
Reverse objective existence I'm no pacifist
All prejudice died with my imagination
An empathetic realm I step into
To live another's trauma in life
A gift I starved myself for
Until I was empty...
Of words

There's children starving tonight.
I only see how you take the world for granted
Allowing you to tell me a truth sedation serum
Broadcast behind your racism shield
Raised high to keep me inside
A closet where I act...
As if I were normal
To be accepted
This isn't love
Time to act

Your racism makes me car sick
Hatred's high voltage hovering over the surface
No placid ocean contortion of your face...
Father, I should have stayed in a closet
If not for my sake but yours
Keeping your rage hidden
Quelled momentarily
Deep inside

So just hate,
I'll be wishing
Racism was never born
Then maybe we could all see
Without the tinted eyes of
A father's racist lies.

0 comments :