Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rhys, A Head to Heart Review

Maybe,

     It was because we arrived late, or maybe it was his immediate cuteness... The red hair, straight and long on the top left dangling just above his sexy orange and black glasses whilst hovering over the opposing shaved side was rather intoxicating, even my better half, whose artistic red hair cute #6 is way sexier than my long curly 'I dunno what I'm doing with this black mane' drazle that tops my head.

     Maybe it was because I question whether or not I was once gay and... Somewhere along the lines my family 'prayed the gay out of me.' Even though I might have been born gay, or a lesbian in the body of a man as Mr. Izzard might say, I wouldn't have myself any other way. I'm content to be... Merely me.

     Maybe it was because he was likeable and drew the audience in to pick up and play catch with what he was tossing out. You had to work to laugh, but not too hard... The overly loud gentleman with the massive curly brown beard drew everyone in... Then there was Keith, who sat right up front, his bald shiny head jostling about in the front corner row, just near the door, as he laughed and pretended to comprehend.

     Maybe it was just because who he was on stage that night, was part of who he really was. Rhys drew us in with bitching, which was enjoyable because it was about his personal life or society's view of LGBT citizens of the earth. He had a slide show of awesome! That's all I'll say about that. His use of the stage was impeccable and he was ever so aware of who he was and every joke to story he told.

    Mr. Sexy Nicholson was searching just as much as he was slinging out verbiage like a human cyborg, a lisp barely noticeable, cute and quirky that you barely noticed at all amidst his gorgeous demeanour and appetizing outfit, especially since his monologue was so impeccable, intelligent and witty at a moments notice.

     Rhys was pushing boundaries, but not to desensitize but to get a rise or a laugh, while searching... For that line of the night, to cross or draw only ever so close to before withdrawing to another quickly inserted line, story or physically theatred movement. His final number, left me speechless!

     I enjoyed the show thoroughly, a four out of five! (4/5) For those that dislike reading...

In earnest anticipation of,

0 comments :