Friday, December 23, 2011

The Accident of Who Christ is (today's tactics)

Accidently drank from the bottle
Meant for the messenger
Now my mouth is dry
Sight is narrow as hell
Formulate a single digit fist
Before I passed out!

I'd rather die on the side of the persecuted
Than to stand amongst the crowd of Christians
Who attempt to redefine a love they can't find

Accidently drank from the bottle
Brought forth from the well of life
Meant for a fleshless messenger
Speak in rhymes about equality
Measuring each breath a friend
Formulated a single digit fist
Before prison found me

I give thanks to the same God this is true
But my heart, soul & mind are in submission
Not preying ancient prayers as narrow as hell
I live for all made in the image of the most high
Even if you forgot the love he defined, you’ll never find

Drank from the bottle meant for a messenger
Became toxic to the comfortable prison mechanism
Speaking in pathetic poetic angry Psalms
About the love Christ lived for we lost
Morality is more than just imagery
Or a false perception of slavery

0 comments :