Monday, December 19, 2011

A Diamond of Love

If love forever was a diamond
Then my misguided moments were a dime
Maybe even a penny to your mind
Compared me unjustly
To everyone
But me

As if I could change
Relearn to breathe for you
To fit into the mold of your love
Then would we be some version okay
Or would my multiple flaws ruin it all
Kill it in the end no matter what
Manipulation is a toxic act
I was never a past man
Messed up present

The person you are
Was the reason I stayed
Even after you told me to leave
Until you turned cold with self-destruction
Pushing me away giving up control
Love began to willingly decay

Wish you would have told me
Before you made up your mind
Now your show continues on
F*cking for fun & not love
Go on push me away
Loyalty is nothing

The person you are
Jaded & sorely wounded
Was the reason I strived to stay
Until self-destruction grew strong
You focused on my fault & pushed hard
Forgetting that I was ever me

Wanted me to treat you the same
Change myself to seem accepted
Be like your past not the present
Compare me to everything
Accept my own memory
I am not me

0 comments :