Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Mixture of Matter

If this was God’s land
I swear we’d all be equal
No corporations enslaving
Capitalism some new world king
Promising the breaking of new ground
As banks reposes while receiving bailouts

I am certain I must question
These words are my religion
Handing out pink slips to sleepers
Teaching ego to their students
They forgot equality is beautiful
That all lives are meaningful

If I took off all my clothes in the streets
Doused in gasoline holding a lighter
Would I suddenly be a valued voice
Meaningful vocal finally mattering
Another old man long forgotten
Naked at an empty well
Standing forever still

I was sent to be a question
Not a probable prominent suggestion
Not a 100% correctly dictated answer
An occupier of a villainous street
Evil policy mandated
Corrupt door to walk through

The weight is above no equal
I forget who I am
Tomorrow I become forever
Dying to the moment
Living for the forever I’m after
No equality dreams compromised

Will my words tell the tale
Of how I died in silence
This is my last word

Today and forever
Should not combat each other
Too bad we’re compromised
By an internal source
Selfish politicians

0 comments :