Saturday, September 24, 2011

Consumer Anorexia

I own next to nothing
Magazines bore forth my identity
I’ll never have a car or even TV
All I am is this image of me
Desperate attempt disease
Creating self is a problem
Forgive me ahead of…
The trauma I create

Anorexia put my eyes to sleep
All around me people were hurting
I simply couldn’t see beyond the mirror
Who I never was and never will be
Then I noticed I was no longer sane

Behind the medication
You see a magazine soul image
A sorry self-existence half alive
The mirror created a broken image
Ambitions died off when hope burned out
Please forgive me love
For the trauma I create

Anorexia brought me to the floor
Too weak of knees to walk anymore
The self-image bulimia ate away
I am an alien no longer human
No smiles of pity or shame
Not forgiveness for me

0 comments :