Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sometimes II

Anorexic sometimes
Like when I can’t rhyme
Bulimic all the rest of the time
I am half-conscious unraveling
Self-aware when breathing

Sometimes thankfully alive
It’s the least the living can do
Made in the image of some god
Who doesn’t look nothing like you

Self-mutilating sometimes
Like when my imagination dies
Scorching both arms with crosses
Feel the burn to seem alive
Half-conscious at the time

Sometimes the soul stretches
The cage shatters distant memories
A shame I can’t change this world
Made in the image of some God
Doesn’t resemble anything like me

White Jesus on the mantle
A symbol easier to look at
Comfort instils ignorance
Which harbours prejudice
Peace

Sometimes
In my final chance
I was closer to death
Than ever existed before
Sometimes I regret
Noose to the neck

0 comments :