Monday, September 12, 2011

Tasting My Own Damage: Regret

Hard knocks attempt at life
I came out of hiding to face the enemy
Only to close decay my eyes closed
No one told me it’d be okay

I am ultimately damaged
And it was all worth the pain
A cause worth a love buried so deep
Future of shame live eloquently
Reached out without regret
Now in your eyes I live
I live in shame

For goodness sake I paid
A price of my present and past
History of humble shame not exempt
Fooled no one I am a regret

Ultimately damaged
Fighting worth all the pain
A future of living with shame
Eloquent is my piano key melody
Reached out without regrets
I am lost in your eyes
Living half locked up

Swear I won’t change
Not in a negative way
Alone I fall farther apart
Negotiate the disaster
A I eclipse history
Acceptance
It is near

0 comments :