Friday, September 9, 2011

Illness of Misunderstanding

Please stay tonight
Call me back let go the rage
Clear your heart and eyes
I the illness of misunderstanding
Tick tick then tock

I fought with my will all day
At night I wrapped you in love
Weak arms opposing their master
But for all I was no one could stand me
A creature of misunderstanding am I
For my methods were not right
Though I still, to this day try

Please remember me tonight
Slide back into my peaceful arms
Where I held you fast in slumber
Am I dreaming or awake
I am not really alive
Look in my eyes

Shards of a crystal heart
Broke blood from my every facet
My veins bleed steadily to this day
Loneliness is the gift of time to change
A challenge to live every silent moment
If only I wasn't so misunderstood
By my own mind upon my heart
I would have fought with love
Instead of against it

Please step back
Understand I didn't realize
I was broken and ill inside
Now the repair bill doubles
As loneliness builds up again
Waking up wondering why
How have I hurt so many
So many lives

0 comments :