Monday, September 23, 2013

Geek's Delight (Old Online Moments)

Ever since online games have been available, I've been killing other noobs!

     Notice I said 'other,' there for I process myself to be no great or intense player. But I am also, by no means, a casual gamer. If I'm going to log in or load up a program, I want to maximize my time therein, which is not simply gearing up to meet the next wave of trash before a boss, in a raid group (10 or 25 man).

    Ever since Castle of the Wind, I've been collecting loot to go deeper into the darkness of caverns, dungeons and mountain passages. When I discovered Diablo II, I was online immediately getting duped into wall trading with sorceresses who used telekinesis on my items and subsequently, very quickly I might add, logged out; never to be seen or heard of again. Hell, I even thought that gear going gold on the right hand side of the screen meant I was thus becoming more epic!

    From Half Life Death Match to Team Fortress Classics, Counterstrike to Natural Selection, I was a digital maniac for marauding! Before that, I was into the story, the heart of a game. Final Fantasy all of them! Especially 9 and 3 (American 6).

     How I read books, I played those Role Playing Games! I'd beat it, really quickly, then put it down for a bit and play an FPS for a bit... Then restart the RPG from the beginning and do it all! Getting close to the end before deciding to re-roll the wondrous adventure from ground zero all over again the very next time I logged in!

    After some time, when I was a lonely pirate living on my sail boat, I got World of Warcraft. This game, had it all! Dungeons galore, loot to be found and much aggravation upon dying! Which, as a warrior, happened if I ever pulled two NPC mob units! Friggen 'NOT ENOUGH RAGE!"

     Once upon a realm, I became a Guild Master. Leading troops of heroes into battle and solving their emotional riddles for two plus years! A wonderful arduous time, but hey  I was pwning noobs in any spare moment I got!

      In all honesty, I miss pwning nubs! Not that I was magnificent, but I knew every spell for every class and ever counter in order to strike, a moment of opportunity! Le Sigh.

In earnest anticipation of,
Juton


0 comments :