Thursday, August 25, 2011

Anorexia: Angel of Shame, Redemption

Anorexia broke me completely
It almost won the war
But I turned the tides
In the last battle
Overpower

I prevailed the enemy
The invisible creature in me
A bitter all-encompassing struggle
Did I break away a guardian angel

Shame turned me to guilt
Unacceptance of self-arose subconsciously
Susceptible to disgrace I ignored the prompt
Then one day I hurt someone else
Someone I loved more than myself
Now I live to be something for you all
An Anorexia Guardian Angel

Shame helped guide
Sh*t was broken inside me
Recognition of facts and circumstance
I had and have anorexia and bulimia
A man broken by his own nature
Which I must change now
For everyone

I prevailed the internal enemy
An invisible mentality of unacceptance inside me
A bitter all-encompassing struggle is the war
Breaking free to become dedicated
An Anorexic Guardian Angel

0 comments :