Monday, August 15, 2011

As Advertised

Of all the things I've advertised
I am not a ray of the sun
Crash landed on earth
An angel and witness

Am I a good man your pissing away
From wounds and fears of memories
Or am I a piece of life you've been missing
My spirit and all my blood grow weak

Abducted an unconfident beggar
The nucleus of forgiveness and acceptance
Not a perfect ray of sunshine
Crash landed upon earth

I am here naked in front of you
See all of me valiant and broken
Spat on and pushed so far out
Almost beyond reach
But who will claim me
As I drift farther out

Am I a wise geek floating away
Watching you cry from this memory
Or am I a piece of life worth putting out a life line
My blood and all my soul grow weak as the wind blows
I'll be a dot on the horizon on a Sunday mourning

0 comments :