Sunday, August 14, 2011

Damage of Tonight: Every Word

When it's almost over
When you say you want to bleed
When your eyes shut to sleep
Don't let it be our final goodbye

Your wounded and sick
From all the damage done
Pacifism is the worst defense
A mechanism contributing to sorrow

When the horror sinks deep
When you want to end it all
When trauma hits home again
Please don't let this night
Be our last goodbye

Your wounded and sick like me
My mental image of self is damaged
Took a beating amidst loneliness like you
Denial contributed to the won't I gave
Are we but mechanisms of sorrow

I won't give up
Not now not tonight
I don't understand much
But I value each and every life
I could learn from the evil or the wise
Before justice must bear down upon
Both the wise and the villain die
How could I grow for other's sake
Before I like them accept the grave

0 comments :