Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Media: Our New Empire of Rome

Tireless are the roads of Rome
A new empire of conscripted war
Children indoctrinated with guilt
Unacceptable unacceptance
Families lost love long ago
When the roads went up

Rome, Oh Rome
You inspire my nightmares
Wicked dreams prolonging suffering
Delaying my one wish from mainstream
A matrix of scattered pieces
Am I an angel of anorexia
Or inside am I a demon
Either way I see
I fight forever

Tireless are the waves of Rome
Impeding the victory of true shame
A media inspiring guilt killing chivalry
An empire of dirt conscripting thin slaves
Mirrors at every turn resulting in unacceptance
Images portray digital representations
Unreal but believed anyway

Rome, oh media empire of hate
Accept yourselves before portraying images
Stop pretending we can all be the same
As the models upon pages you air brush
Morality of media bow down and obey
I am the Villain an Anorexia Angel
Save my siblings at my side
Or be torn asunder
As we fight

0 comments :