Friday, August 12, 2011

The Uniform

I bear the uniform of dirt
A standard of ash and filth
Covered head to toe in aids
My own charred and pillaged flesh

A uniform of guilt and pain
An unrelinquishing weight
Insanity is my only cure
To the unending thoughts
That dissuade me to stay
From leaving this world

Half buried in blackened sands
Napalm burnt dogs gouge at my body
While charred children pass me by
Covered head to toes in aids

An evil white man they see
A uniform of corporate greed
My flesh is my heart in another's hands
Toss out after repackaging from memory
Terminated due to toxic disease

The uniform digs into the skin
An unrelinquishing enemy
Drowning in an addiction to find a cure
What can end these tragic thoughts
They dissuade me from remaining
Desire to leave this world

0 comments :