Sunday, August 14, 2011

Barely Believing: Love can Change

You attempted to force my hand
But I just wouldn't let go
I believe in love
more than me

Even if all it does is rain
Forever downcast in shame
Lingering the ghost of pain
I shall not regret the change
That I chose to take

All alone before a checkmate
While outside the window it rained
I crashed the board onto the floor
For of this life I couldn't just let go
I believe in love even for me

Even as the thunder struck the lightning
Downcast my head with many shames
He came wounded to my heart's door
Knocking until I could take no more
I opened the door and he changed my life
Love is worth the living for

It is something I'm just beginning to comprehend
So force fuck the checkmate of fate
I'll die later on in life but for now I'll live on
In a city of darkness and dreary terror
Until I am wholly new before the end

0 comments :