Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mother or father: Alone

I needed you
However it began
I'm nearly a shadow now
Incarcerated by demons
Your silence it empowers them
Alone I stand torn soon down

I held you down
Held you down
With childish words
You claim to know who I am
But you watch the fires burn
As my foundations crumble down

Who the hell do you claim to be
Mother and father I needed you
You were all I got I needed you
A child born of your blood
Now a shadow standing alone
Still crying you usher me out of sight and sound
To schools and programs without a glance

I held you down with my grade school words
With all my childish dictionary might
Told you how he stole my virginity
In my own bedroom late at night
Again on a late eve drive home

What crushed me most
Is when I needed you
Nearly as shadow I was
Incarcerated by demons
You didn't listen to a word I said
The uncomfortable truth was too unkind
I was a child wasting your fucking TV tube time
Alone I stood until my hero devoured the regret of nightmares
Once again of love I can truly dream

Who the fuck are you
The people who craft us
Children born of your blood
What have you all become
Pawning us off on schools and churches
By your own hands do you fuel the fires
Will we strive to survive amongst liars
Or surrender only one knows

I held you down
Held you down
With childish words
You claim to know me inside and out
I am a mere shadow sitting alone crying out
Screaming out as you watch the fires burn
As my foundations crumbles down

0 comments :